Saturday, February 27, 2010

Weekly Bountiful Baskets

A while back I told you about Bountiful Baskets (here). So this morning was my first time as the site coordinator for my site, a new one in St. George. It was frigid and early. I just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to those who helped me out this morning, and all the volunteers. Except for a few blunders on my part, it went pretty well. It is non-profit and all volunteer. With volunteer help, Bountiful Baskets is able to cut cost and provide $50 worth of fruits and veggies for $15. It just takes volunteer help, (it is a food coop) and needs many hands to make it work. I attached a photo of the spread today, pretty nice if I don't say so myself.


Seriously, Thank you again for helping and see you in two weeks!

3 comments:

Dan, Lauren, and Sadie said...

yaaaayyyyyy cant wait to see and eat my veggies and fruit! you are amazing for doing this. cant wait to help out next time!

Julie the Cupcake Girl said...

Hey lady! I am sorry I couldn't come and help out. Next time...I promise!

Jenn said...

I love that you are doing this, Jeff and I heard about it and would love to try it too!