Tuesday, February 23, 2010

For Love of Books

Yesterday Tommy read a book to the kids while I made dinner. It was The Berenstain Bears COOK-IT! Breakfast for Mama. I heard Howie talking about how he wanted to do what the book said and make breakfast in bed for mom. I told them I would enjoy that in the morning if they wanted to do it for me. There had to be surprise involved, I couldn't know about it. Then Tommy and Howie made a code, a wink, when they told me they would do this for my birthday, not tomorrow. Howie woke up early and got Tommy out of bed to make my surprise breakfast in bed. I had to do the selfless thing and stay in bed. It was hard, but I managed :) So this morning as I tried to sleep in a long as possible, I tried not to envision the huge mess I was hearing being created downstairs. Then I enjoyed french toast with a side of banana in bed, complete with breakfast tray made out of a cardboard box. Once Howie gets something in his head, there is no stopping him.

Thank you Berenstain Bears. Do you have a book about chores??? That would be heavenly.

4 comments:

Denise said...

so sweet! ya, if you find that chores book, send it my way, will ya??? ha!

Julie the Cupcake Girl said...

So cute! I just love it when kids get so excited about the little things! And, yes...CHORES would be great!

Larsen Family said...

You mean they didn't clean up the kitchen? that's unthinkable.

Christine said...

That is awesome! How fun for you!