I actually have documentation that my dad does know how to take care of babies! We even fed Olivia once. He was very cute and loved on her lots. When we went to leave, he asked if I could leave her there so he could raise her, he said I could just have another one. Dad it was so cute to see you bond with Olivia.
One day, I was able to meet up with some friends I haven't seen for a while. It was a lot of fun to catch up with them. We each have two children. We are pictured with Nancy and her two girls and Janice and her girl and boy. Sorry Michelle that you weren't able to be there that morning, we were bumbed. Howie just loved that everywhere we went, he was able to play with other kids.
Okay, yes, I was caught up in the Twilight frenzie. It was nice to have a girls night out again with my family. We went and ate at Costa Vida in Meridian (knock off of Cafe Rio, Boise area finally has a restraunt that serves yummy tex-mex burritos and salads) and then took in the film. I went with my mom and two sister in laws, Maria and Lori. We had a great time. Oh, Olivia did come with us and did great during the film. I liked it. I thought they did a good job and liked the way they filmed it, gray, dark, rainy, etc. Some may have called it "low budget" but I liked the interpretation. Since it has been a while since I read the first book, I wasn't bothered too much by what they had left out. I really enjoyed it and the time with my family. It has been almost four years since our last girls night out. It was much needed.
Howie got to ride in the tractor with my brother Weston and his daughter Jaynee. He was in hog heaven and even told me the best part was when he would drive super fast! (as fast as tractors can go, he he he). Howie just had an amazing time. There are some aspects about country and farm life that I miss living in the city. Sometimes I wonder how am I going to raise decent children without the value of hard work learned on the farm.
I will post Thanksgiving events later as this post is getting pretty long. Thanksgiving afternoon, after fully stuffing myself, I drove to Burley to spend the night with my brother Wade and his family. Howie hasn't visited them for a long time. It was very nice to have him get to know those cousins better. Angela, it was nice to spend some time with you when Wade got up early and hit the black friday sales. Lorian, Howie, Olivia, and Lucy. Lydia was asleep.
Howie got to help Wade feed some baby calves. You can tell by the look on his face, it wasn't something he liked. He got pretty scared and bailed quickly. I was raised on a farm, but my son is definatley a city slicker.We got home late Friday night. Needless to say, it has been a wonderful three weeks filled with family and friends. But, daddy is glad to have us home. Thanks for letting us take off and leave for so long.
5 comments:
That is way fun to get to go home for so long!! Looks like you got to take a lot in. Are you going to be ready for them to head your way. Good luck!! :)
I love trips home like this...it's so fun for the kids to be on the farm and get to experience farm life. It was great to see you on Thanksgiving! Thanks for the turkey cookie idea! You are so creative!!!
Thanks for the blog. I really enjoying keeping up on family I don't get to see very often. It looks like your family is doing well and it's nice to know Aunt Barbara is a fan of Twilight as well! Hope all is well in St. George.
Louie! Nice update, I was there and didn't catch all the stuff that went on. It was good to have you home. I got two personal secretaries instead of one! Thanks
I am so excited for you that you took that trip home. It is always good to get back to family. I am glad you made it home safe and sane
Post a Comment