So the youth in the Boise, Idaho Temple district (most of Boise Area and all the way across Eastern Oregon up to La Grande, OR) have been practicing for more than the last two month their dances to get ready for the temple celebration for the prophet. Many hours have gone into this production and it came off beautifully! I was lucky enough to get to attend, transporting 12-13 year old youth to the center. They were not able to participate in the dance, but got to be there and be around the prophet. I got lost, and was late getting them there, so we had no other choice, but nosebleed seats. We were literally in the top most row of the Taco Bell Arena. After it started, we saw a silver lining to our situation. We could see the entire floor and watch the dancing moves which looked like a kaleidoscope. It was actually pretty awesome. It helped to look at the Jumbo tron to see closer.
When the prophet arrived, he was greeted like a rock start. I have never heard such electric applause before. It was amazing! The youth love their prophet and he loves them. He encouraged them and played along with them. He is young at heart.
Just loved hearing him, President Thomas S. Monson, our prophet. He is such a special man. He is mutlifacted: he can connect with the youth and make them feel special, as he can be serious in general conference and deliver a solemn message. He is so wonderful and such a people person. You can't help but feel his love for you.
p.s. President Monson had fun with the kids. One time during the night, he caught a young man's eye and encouraged him, gave him permission to kiss the girl next to him that President Monson could tell he liked. He did and both he and the girl were super happy! What a cute, personable man.
The dance routines were amazing. Each stake was different and wonderful all in its own. I thought this one was particularly cool, WWII dance with ended with them making the American flag and bursting out into song, God Bless America. The prophet liked this one as well and gave the a standing ovation.
At the end, there was a flag waving during the last song, in coordination with the dance on the floor. It was awesome to see the arena in a sea of flags waving to the prophet.
I don't think I will ever be able to forget this night. I hope the Beehives that I shuttled to and fro will remember this night as well. It was unforgettable. Me with some of my beehives: Bailey, Madi, Lyndee, and Anna.
No comments:
Post a Comment