We are changing how we want to celebrate Easter. We decided to give the kids their basket on Saturday (this time it happened to be saturday evening after baths) then Sunday we can really focus on Easter, not the commercialized Easter that most holidays have turned into.
Dad was with mom on a healthy eating journey, so he got some flavored almonds. (Butter Toffee almonds are so good and my awesome go-to treat when I am needing to curb that sweet tooth.)
The kids excited, waiting for me to bring out the basket.
Love Howie's face of surprise!
They had fun with it. In the basket was all three Alvin and the Chimpmonk movies, including the new one, Chipwrecked, new M&M plates, cups, and bowl sets (which are pretty cute), some robin eggs, a candy bar and a bracelet necklace set for livy and a huge bouncy ball for Howie.
I love our kids. They are grateful kids and say so often. I appreciate their gratitude even though we can't provide them with a lot of monetary items right now. That is pretty rewarding for a parent.
No comments:
Post a Comment