We had a fun time participating in the city library reading program this summer. We would check out books and I would read to them. They got a ticket for every 30 minutes of reading time. They also got tickets for filling out a form that withe the name and author of each book we read. There was a line for a short summary of the book, which earned them another ticket. Each week, Howie would look at the baskets and determine which one he wanted to put his tickets in for. He told me all summer he wanted basket #6. I told him to put all his tickets in that box. But, he chose to put them randomly in any one he wanted. Most of the time he did in fact put them in the drawing for #6. We went into the library to watch the drawing at the end of the summer. After they had chosen 4 of the baskets, howie was starting to get deflated and almost started to cry. I told him (like I had all summer) that he might not win, but that we were
enjoying reading some fun books. Then, Howie's name was drawn for basket #6. He was so elated! You would have thought he died and went to heaven. He still had a perm-a-grin on his face when I took this picture. What a fun reading program. Thanks library.Saturday, August 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment