As you can see, things have been busy. I haven't even posted since Halloween. I can't seem to get on top of things again and so instead of being overwhelmed by all the things I need to catch up on posting, I will just post and try to stay current. That way I don't get overwhelmed (easily done it seems lately for me).
Howie has always had an attraction to Nutcrackers. He always asks for one each year and loves them. He is fascinated with them. This year we took Howie on a special date, just him and his parents. Last year on clearance, I found a Nutcracker and we pulled it out this year, Howie was in hog heaven. Then, we got some last minute tickets to The Nutcracker ballet production (thanks Lindsey). We took Howie on a special "date" with mom and dad to this production. Just so he would know what was happening, we watched clips from the Nutcracker ballet on Youtube and we explained the story to him. He wanted to take his Nutcracker to the production, so we let him and he was in all the photos. Howie was so cute and did well the first half. He wanted to see the mice and Nutcracker fight again. He attention span was limited during the second half, but we managed. When we got home, we surprised him with a very special Nutcracker M&M candy dispenser. He loved it. What a special kid and such a cute and funny addiction to Nutcrackers. It was a nice day for us all.
Christmas 2008. Somehow he finds Nutcrackers where ever we go.
1 comment:
That is so neat that you took the time to experience the "Nutcracker" with Howie. I'm sure this is something that he will always remember, and I can't help but believe he will be telling his children about one of his favorite childhood memories. You guys are awesome parents. Love you!
Post a Comment