Here is a recap of our memorial weekend at Grandma and Grandpa Schulthies house in Oregon. on Friday we did a family excursion on four wheelers and motorcycles to the Dry Creek at the Owyhee Dam. We took the back way, through the desert. It was lots of fun and we stopped lots to change riders to make sure the grandkids got lots of rides. We then had a picnic lunch and enjoyed lots of fishing. I mean lots of fishing because I can't remember a time our family caught so many fish. Okay, they were trash fish, but the excitement in everyone's eye, including the grandchildren, was fun. Even the smallest grandkids caught fish. The most sucessful bait: a pink, two-foot, princess pole.

Saturday was filled with an "adventure hike" where Becky and Mo took Howie, Jaynee, Kailani and Lorian on a long walk. They were pretty tired and pink when they got back, but said they had a good time. The hike went through fields, the Cow Hollow Creek, up to the Highland Canel and then back home again. Troopers.

Saturday was filled with an "adventure hike" where Becky and Mo took Howie, Jaynee, Kailani and Lorian on a long walk. They were pretty tired and pink when they got back, but said they had a good time. The hike went through fields, the Cow Hollow Creek, up to the Highland Canel and then back home again. Troopers.
The afternoon had lots of swimming and time spent enjoying each other. The trip is never long enough.
Livie enjoyed the kiddie pool.
Can you not tell this little guy is a Schulthies? Crayton is Stoney's mini-me.
We had a nice time in Grandma's backyard. She has worked hard to make it a fun place to hang out at. She has swings, a pool, fire pit, trampoline, and a teather ball pole. We enjoyed smore night and visiting. Grandma even set up a tent for the kids to sleep in.
Cool photo that Mo took of me taking a photo of howie with his smores.
3 comments:
HOLY COW!! I am so jealous! I miss all you guys so so bad - and this awesome family weekend totally made me so so home sick - your family is growing and so good lookin'... you will laugh at how identical our girls look - no joke - I will load a close up picture this week so you can chuckle at there similarities - crazy - the pictures that I uploaded last week were from an email so I couldn't enlarge them but I will get some for ya - can't wait to see you guys again - hope its soon! love ya sis and thank you again for being so good at keeping your blog posted - it really helps me feel connected to my schulthies family...
That looked like so much fun.
What an amazing trip. You are so lucky to have a family that loves to be together and to do fun things. And all those cousins! Howie and Livie are going to have such wonderful memories. I am glad you enjoyed your trip!
Post a Comment