Pumpkin Blender Wheat Waffles with Caramel Sauce
1 Cup Milk (3 T. Powdered Milk and 1 C. Water)
1 Cup + 2 Tbs Wheat Kernels, whole & uncooked
2 Eggs (2 T. Powdered Eggs and 1/4 C. Water)
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/4 Cup Oil
1/2 Cup Pureed, Cooked Pumpkin
1-1/2 t. Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/2 Cup Pureed, Cooked Pumpkin
1-1/2 t. Pumpkin Pie Spice
2 Tbs. Sugar
Put milk and wheat kernels in blender. Blend on highest speed for 4 or 5 minutes or until batter is smooth. Add eggs, oil, baking powder, salt, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and honey or sugar to above batter. Blend on low. Pour batter into hot prepared waffle iron from the actual blender jar (only one thing to wash!)
For a yummy variation, put chopped pecans on the top of the batter in the waffle iron before closing.
For a yummy variation, put chopped pecans on the top of the batter in the waffle iron before closing.
Caramel Syrup
3/4 C. Butter
1-1/2 C. Sugar
2 T. Light Corn Syrup
3/4 C. Buttermilk
1 t. Baking Soda
2 t. Vanilla
Combine ingredients in sauce pan (it gets frothy so make sure and use a large enough pan so it doesn't spill over). Stirring constantly, heat sauce until boiling and then boil for 5 minutes.
3/4 C. Butter
1-1/2 C. Sugar
2 T. Light Corn Syrup
3/4 C. Buttermilk
1 t. Baking Soda
2 t. Vanilla
Combine ingredients in sauce pan (it gets frothy so make sure and use a large enough pan so it doesn't spill over). Stirring constantly, heat sauce until boiling and then boil for 5 minutes.

Tommy said it was his favorite thing he had eaten EVER. Of course, he is prone to exaggeration at times, but hey, when you get those kinds of raving reviews, it doesn't hurt! So, maybe the caramel sauce cancels out the nutritional value of the whole wheat, but you have to at least try it once, then you can use a healthier topping in the future.
4 comments:
I use the same blog. They are yummy, I also like her pumpkin bread.
Ooh, I'm mad at you now. I'm trying to watch what I eat but those look SO good that I just might have to whip up a batch right now, at 10 o'clock at night! :) Thanks for sharing about this blog. I've been really into my food storage lately too and can't wait to check the blog out more closely. You're a gem!
Hi-
I found your blog when I was googling food storage.
That recipe does look amazing, thanks for sharing. And that really is a great food storage site.
If you are ever looking for more food storage recipes, feel free to check out our blog. All of our recipes use non-perishable food only, so they are good meals to stock up on for your food storage.
Good luck!
Hannah @
http://safelygatheredin.blogspot.com/
Funny, just TODAY I tried this blender method but using my own pancake recipe and it turned out fabulous! I LOVE the Everyday Food Storage blog.
Post a Comment