Tuesday, October 14, 2008

JESUS

I didn't make it to church Sunday. I stayed home with Olivia. I really missed it. (Thanks Tommy for thinking of me and asked the Priesthood to bring me the Sacrament to the home so that I could still partake of it.) When Tommy got home, he recounted to me what had happened at church. During Sacrament meeting, it was fast and testimony meeting, where anyone from the congregation can share their testimony or spiritual experience with everyone else from the pulpit. One lady was sharing an experience and asked a rhetorical question during her story about asking for help and said, "Who should I pray for?" and then paused. Howie immediately seized the moment and her pause to shout out, "Jesus!!" This was Howie style which was loud enough for the whole church to hear. The Bishop sitting on the stand could not hold it in and started laughing, his face turning a little red. I am sure Tommy turned red too. The congregation chuckled too. Tommy said this kind of threw the women speaking off a little bit, she had to recover and keep going. Afterwards, some people came up to Howie and told him that he was exactly right, Jesus is the person we can pray for help from, but then Tommy had to add, "that is right Howie, but we don't need to yell in the middle of church." Ahhh, from the mouth of babes.

7 comments:

Tiff said...

Hey Tara,
It's been a long time since I've seen or talked to you, but I've been checking your blog out from the link on Karli's blog. Your kids are adorable...congratulations on the new addition to your cute family. You guys sound like you are doing well.
Tiffy

Rushton's said...

Hey Tiff,
I am glad that people can find me through Karli's blog. That is awesome. Send me an invitation so I can see your blog and how your family is doing. tara_rushton@yahoo.com
Great to hear from you. Hope you and your family are well.

Tara

Logan Schulthies said...

Atta boy Howie! You call it like it is!

Barbara Lou said...

What a cute grandchild I have! Be sure to write that down for his scrapbook! That's a classic!
Love, Mom

Randee said...

We just started a new blog for work at http://sagestone.blogspot.com/ Comment on it if you wanna participate. We are going to make it "members only" after a week or so. :)

Jenn said...

Hee Hee Hee! Thanks for the good laugh. Do you remember that show with Bill Cosby "Kids say the darndest things" Yeah that would have qualified!

The Mead's said...

She is so cute! You guys need to keep having kids they are so cute. Yeah I never check my emails, this is the first time in like a month, so I just found out about your arrival. I am so excited for you. Little girls are so fun.

We are probably heading down that way during christmas time we would love to stop by and see you. How are you enjoying the new house? I hope all is well.

love Annie